Steal the show.
« All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players; … «
William Shakespeare. As you like it, Act II, Scene VII
Steal the show means being the centre of attention, having all eyes on one, being the most popular. – Let’s admit it: who would not want to steal the show every now and then?
« Steal the show » is also a book written by Michael Port. Its promise is « a standing ovation for all the performances in your life » and it does, indeed, deliver. As a professional actor, Michael Port brings you techniques that change your views on « performance ».
Here are two straightforward tips from the book’s 50 point Cheat Sheet. Do they ring a bell?
1. Don’t say: « I am glad to be here ». Show them that you’re glad to be there instead. Your audience should see it in your actions and hear it in your words. Besides, what’s the alternaive? That you are not glad to be there?
2. Let them go early. Audiences always like to be let out a few minutes early – even if they love your performance. There are no prizes for endurance; let them leave a few minutes ahead of schedule; they will thank you for it!
Here are two immediate steps you can take to protect your most exposed body parts: spine, neck, elbows and fingers:
- Answer this
When we seek help with a life-changing decision, we tend to come across two kinds of people: those with wise counsel and those who give us their worst advice.
Have you ever been told …?
You are too old!
« After all these years at your corporate job, you will never adjust to being a student again », « no school in their right mind will accept you », « you will be out of place (and out of money) », « fellow students will shun you ».
You can’t afford to do this!
« You won’t be able to buy a house, start a family or move up the career ladder ».
Whatever advice you get, it’s always good to remember that it’s not about them,
it’s about YOU.
Something is ‘rocking’ in the state of Denmark
For over 40 years in a row, Denmark has been voted as one of the happiest countries in the world.
« Hygge is considered such a powerful factor in Danish happiness that some universities in the UK and the US have started offering courses on it. Many think it is about lighting candles, preparing good food, and creating a nice atmosphere. »
But there is a deeper meaning to hygge; check it out here The Secret to Danish Happiness
What’s going on at #NV
Stéphanie / Thierry: this part links back to information NV Logistics wants to communicate to his clients.
1. Announce news: a new product/service, promotion, new employee, new client.
2. Announce events: for ex an expo NV logistics is taking part at.
3. Refer to an already existing article (for ex. tutorial) or put forward an existing internal service (for ex cold chain)
Please share abundantly.
We hope you liked this issue of Health – Wealth – Wisdom. And if you did, we would love you to press the ready-to-share social media buttons at the bottom and at the top of this page.
« Live your best life » – a phrase originally coined by